For More Information

For Help Completing the FAFSA 

You can get help directly from the Federal Student Aid office on the phone, via live chat, or by email. Or, ask at your college financial aid office, your high school guidance counselor, your local Boys & Girls Clubs, or College Goal Sunday. In some cities, Financial Aid U provides free help with the FAFSA

For Help with Student loan repayment

If you need help with student loan repayment, contact the holder of your loan, the financial aid office at the college or university you attended, or the Federal Student Aid Ombudsman at (877) 557-2575. You may also like the Student Loan Borrower Assistance website.  Find out about Public Service Loan Forgiveness and Income Based Repayment. Our Tips for Struggling Borrowers gives steps you can take to correct a defaulted loan.

To Look up your Federal student Aid History

The National Student Loan Data System lets you access your federal student aid records and inquire about the status of loans and grants you have already received.

For Help managing your finances

360 Degrees of Financial Literacy can help you plan a budget, deal with credit cards, decide if you should take a student loan, and more. Or check out Adventures in Education for advice on managing your money.   You may be eligible for free help with your income tax return taxes and free electronic filing of your tax return. You can get a copy of your credit report absolutely free (with no fees ever) under a federal law that requires credit reporting companies to give it you. For personal advice see your financial aid office (many offer financial literacy programs), take a personal finance class, or contact the National Foundation of Credit Counseling to find a reputable counselor near you.